Thursday, August 13, 2009

I might just die laughing....

OK, you guys all know that I've mentioned my dear friend, Adam, time and time and time again on my blog....this is where I get to show you all why I make fun of him all the time I love him so dearly.

Ha.

So, Adam moved to the Phoenix area back in May, and I've been giving him a hard time about it ever since. He and I have been very dear friends for a long time and it was really hard to know he was leaving. Adam's my computer nerd. He's a graphic designer who designs all my invitations, too. I call him every time I can't figure something out...and everytime I'm having a party! ;)

Today, I got the BEST email ever. Seriously. E.V.E.R.

Now, Adam is a city boy. In every single aspect of the word. Honestly, he wouldn't know what to do in the country. I swear, he probably would freak out if stuck in the outdoors for more than like two days at a time. He grew up near Detroit....need I say more? Thankfully, he is a Minnesota Wild fan and NOT a Detroit Red Wings fan. That would have broken apart our friendship in an instant.

Back to the email.

Today, I was venting to him about how insanely busy work has been for me the last few weeks....and he, in turn, vented back.

To preface this a little, Adam accepted a job as a Graphic Designer at a casino near where he's living. I can't sugar coat this. I'm just going to post his email. He can hate me later.

---
I feel like I am right there with you this week though. This is by far the craziest week I have had at this job. We have a massive event going on this weekend. Payson is home to the World's Oldest Continuous Rodeo. 125 years and still going. And the rodeo is this weekend. The casino is holding an event called the Midnight Mechanical Rodeo. Its from 8 to midnight (after the real rodeo ends) on Friday and Saturday nights. We have great bands playing and we have all the events of a rodeo, converted into a mechanical theme. Complete with a mechanical bull, fake steer heads to lasso, fake calves to rope and tie up, lots of good stuff.

And yours truly, about as city as they come, gets to help lead. I've learned to lasso, learned the proper way to calf tie (two wraps and a hooey) and bought my first cowboy hat (which I am wearing as I type this) Its pretty awesome. Its just been one crazy week of preparation, made worse considering I may be working tomorrow from 8am to midnight (it all depends on if I finish everything today if I can take the morning off).
---

You guys have to understand that the thought of Adam wearing a cowboy hat is enough to make me die laughing. He's like the poster boy for preppy.

Here is a pic of him "getting in the spirit". I saw it yesterday and I am STILL laughing.


And the mental picture of him lassoing ANYTHING....and he uses the word hooey in a sentence as if he knows WTF he's talking about. OMG. I think I might die.

I'm pretty sure my co-workers think I've absolutely lost my mind today, because I keep laughing so hard I'm crying. The very thought of all this....

Ah, I needed the comic relief today. While it might not be funny for you, it's fricken hysterical for me.

2 comments:

  1. TOO funny, Mary! You need to get a pic of him in that hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still can't read your text unless I highlight but I did and I bet you ARE dying laughing!

    ReplyDelete