Thursday, April 2, 2009

Selfish

I realized yesterday that my post was truly selfish. I shouldn't be upset that Adam's leaving...I am really, really happy. I think I have a bit of an abandonment issue. Losing three of my best friends and my parents in 5 years was really rough on me. All night long I felt guilty, so I need to get some more things out.

Deep inside, I am happy. In fact, I'm down right ecstatic! He's found a great woman. I'm happy he's moving there knowing he has a job. I'm happy he's going somewhere warm (and near San Diego!) so that I can go visit! :)

For now, I can sulk. We'll get to hang out before he leaves. I still have his email address. He's on facebook. I can stalk his profile. Send him text messages. AND...he's also an AT&T user, so I can call him whenevertheheck I please...and it doesn't use my minutes!

I had an Adam moment last night while changing some photos in a frame. I took them out to add new Jack photos. Inside, there were two mattes. One had photos of Jack...the other had photos of our trip to Duluth/Gooseberry Falls. Gooseberry truly is sacred stomping grounds for me. Here are a few to share:

I just want him to know a few things before he leaves, just so we're clear:
  1. If at any time you hate Phoenix, you are welcome to come back to Minnesota.
  2. I've said this before, but as long as she makes you happy -- I love her. The minute she breaks your heart -- I'll kill her! :)
  3. Really, it's only 1,850 miles. Just think, it COULD be like 10,000 miles! :)
  4. Just because you're moving away....it doesn't mean you get out of making invitations for me!
  5. There is no other friend in this world that knows as much about me as you do. Thank you for ALWAYS being there when I needed to cry.
  6. Gooseberry will never be the same.
  7. I'm still going to send you all my issues with Adobe. I don't care how far away you are. (Jaime will also thank you for this! :)
  8. I'll never forget the night we went out and I had the pleasure of getting you drunk for the first time ever...and it was absolutely, positively hysterical. That was probably one of the best nights I've ever had in a bar. Do you remember Halloween at the Lounge? Ah, the memories! Thanks for the laughs.
  9. Miles cannot separate friendship. True friendship remain intact despite the miles.
  10. Some of the best conversations we ever had didn't include any words. Thanks for listening even when I didn't know what to say.

I'll leave you with a few quotes that I thought appropriate.

"If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you.”
~Winnie the Pooh

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."
~ Richard Bach

I love you, darling friend. Good luck. I know you'll do great!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment