We transitioned Jack to his big boy bed last Sunday, April 19. Lucky for me, the day before I scored a Thomas the Train bedding set at the ECFE sale in Forest Lake for $5! What a steal! I set it up on Sunday morning. Jack was SO excited to have "little Thomas" and "Big Thomas". (Little Thomas was the trains on his sheets and Big Thomas was the GIANT train on his comforter) I put him down for his nap later that day and he didn't make a single peep. That, however, was short-lived. I've struggled to keep him IN his bed since then. Like everything, it's a transition and I have to learn to be patient. Sometimes, it's not always my best virtue.
On to other exciting things in Jack-land...he can positively identify about half of the letters of the alphabet. Every single time we get to "O", he shouts "O is for Octopus!" I'm not sure why...apparently, the Ocotopus-ghosts on Frankenpooh are having a profound effect on him! (See post below)
His vocabulary is through the roof. I have a lot of people ask me how old he is and then proceed to look at me as though I'm lying when I say he's two. Apparently, he's advanced for his age, but who knows! I don't care...he's healthy and he's happy. That's all that really matters to me.
I just made plans for us to hang out with my niece and nephew, his cousins, Hannah and Noah this Saturday. We're going to have a fish fry at their house and let the kids frolic! :)
I'm working on potty training, but it's a slow and painful process. Apparently, I should just stop hoping it will happen...
For my Jackism of the day...
We were going to the park behind our apartment the other day when I asked Jack what he wanted to play on at the park first. He quickly said, "It's a playground, mommy". Yes, dear, it is. :)
9 years ago

How completely adorable!!! ALL of it!
ReplyDelete