I had a nice, long weekend away from the cares of the busy city...it was SO nice to have 1/2 of a day with my dear, dear friend, Desira! I miss her tons...
Friday afternoon Jack and I began our 3 hour trek to the cabin. After all, fishing opener was to start precisely at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday. However, none of us went fishing at 12:01. We were all sound asleep.
Saturday morning finds Adam in the lake, with waders on, helping Terry, the neighbor, install his dock. Saturday afternoon, we give it a go at taking Jack fishing. He LOVED the boat ride...and hated fishing. We went crappie fishing with him, thinking that it would be more fun because you can catch fish after fish. Nope, my darling son was TERRIFIED of the fish. Go figure.
Came back Saturday night to prep for turkey hunting on Sunday morning. Jack, of course, had to go see the pigs IMMEDIATELY upon arrival at my in-laws. The poor child will be traumatized when they get butchered this fall.
Sunday morning, got up at 4am, got into my camo and went into the field. Five hours and all I saw was a hen. Ugh. My father in law was watching my son and we got back to the house around 12:30. Ate a quick bite and he told me to take a nap. I slept for FOUR hours. Yes, FOUR. I couldn't believe it. Apparently, my body was REALLY tired.
Luckily, Adam got up on Monday morning and went hunting again and got a bird! I cooked it yesterday and it was really good.
I went to pick up Jack from day care yesterday and Brittney shared this story with me. (Brittney is my day care lady's daughter):
Jack was napping in the crib in the room adjacent to Brittney's. She was in her room watching a movie when she heard Jack begin talking to himself. She paused the movie and quietly started knocking on the wall. After a few seconds she heard, "Stop it, knockin'". Ha.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment