Driving home from Target two nights ago, it was really foggy in Lino Lakes. I'd never TRULY experienced fog until I moved to Duluth. Driving through the fog that came off Lake Superior... was one of the most eerie things ever...almost as if it was taken from a horror flick.
It was so thick that you, literally, couldn't see 2 feet in front of your windsheild. Lisa and I used to LOVE driving in the fog...just talking, about anything. I'd always hate driving back to her parents house in the fog, though, because it was out in the middle of nowhere...and it meant that I had to drive BACK to my place...in the fog.
It's times like that which make me think of her. I remember the medicine man telling us that she'd find her way out of the thick fog on the fourth day...and she did. Unfortunately, she found her way to Heaven...and not back to us. Sometimes, I feel SO selfish that she's not here. I felt cheated when she missed Jack's birth. She was supposed to be his Godmother. I felt cheated when she wasn't there on my wedding day...you all have NO IDEA what she would have done to see me in make up! (I seriously think she turned over in her grave that day, knowing that I was really, honestly wearing make up!)
I just miss her. I miss talking to her, laughing with her, smiling at her, listening to her tell stories, hanging out at her parents place, going for car rides, Gooseberry Falls.
I know that only the good die young, but I am still in denial. I miss her. My best friend.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment