Thursday, March 5, 2009

The OCD in me...

Some of you know what an OCD mom I am when it comes to what my son eats. Every Saturday, I make my weekly grocery list/dinner list and plan out specifically what meals we'll have. Sunday is (usually) grocery shopping day. I also prep EVERYTHING on Sunday, during naptime, that I can. I chop onions and peppers, I cook hamburger, I put all the spices for one night in a baggie, etc. That way, when I get home on Monday night, I know EXACTLY what we're having...and it usually just takes turning on the oven and throwing it in. I've also mastered the art of crock pot cooking...and am SO glad that I have three of them! :)

Recently, I've started thinking about taking this on in a bigger scale. If I can do one week of meals during naptime, think about what I can do all day! :) I mean, the whole reason I started doing this was because I felt cheated on the time I got to spend with Jack. By the time I pick him up from Shannon's house, make dinner and we eat, it's 30 minutes together before bed time! Sigh, what a joke! I want more time than that with my baby boy! So, if I sacrifice one day on a weekend to prep meals for two, three, maybe even four weeks...it would totally be worth it.

I ordered the 30 day gourmet from Amazon and am already half way through it. The concepts are great...and I am REALLY excited to try it out. I think I'm going to freak out when I see how insane the grocery bill is, but I have to realize that it's literally going to be 14, 21 or 28 days worth of meals (not to mention leftovers).

I'll keep you posted on the progress. I have to do something. It's almost WCHA playoff time. :)

1 comment:

  1. Funny how I posted a link and mentioned you this morning on mine with just this very topic...you can do it if anyone can! I can't quite get a week much less a month!

    ReplyDelete