Some of you who read my blog know what my nephew, Noah, and niece, Hannah truly mean to me. They are like my own children...and I love them dearly. I can't imagine my life without them. Noah has hydrocephalus, a condition in which there is an abnormal buildup of the brains Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF). It impairs his ability to function normally on certain levels, his coordination is off, his attention span is about 3 seconds, etc. He had surgery a few years ago to have a shunt placed to help him properly drain the fluid and decrease the size of his brain ventricles. However, all in all, Noah is a normal 8 year old kid who is obsessed with sports and has a girlfriend named Heidi.
He had the pleasure of meeting my best friend, Sheri, when she was in town last February for my wedding. Sheri and I had gone to my brother's house the night before to hammer down some last minute details. In speaking to Sheri, Noah found out she was from Ohio. At the time, Noah's FAVORITE team was the Ohio State Buckeyes (he MUST be related to his Auntie Mary, huh?!).
Fast forward to yesterday. We had a play date yesterday with all the cousins. It was supposed to be a Wii play date, but the kids ended up playing outside and us adults battled it out on the Wii.
As Jack and I were getting ready to leave, Noah says, "Hey Auntie Mary! Can you do me a favor?". I said, "Sure, bud, what's up?" His reply: "Can you call Sheri and tell her I said "GO BUCKS" (picture an 8 year old waving his arms like crazy while screaming it!).
I giggled and called Sheri on the way home.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment