Monday, March 16, 2009

Jack's newest obsessions...

My child loves bubbles. I almost think it's an unhealthy obsession. Every single morning, it's the first thing he asks for. Now, don't get me wrong, I love bubbles as well, but playing with them when you live in an apartment with a gravel parking lot isn't so great for toddlers. This weekend, we were at my in-law's for my father-in-law's birthday, so I brought the bubbles along. I figure, if nothing else, he can blow them and let the dogs chase after him as he goes running.

No lie, my son played with the same bubble gun for three hours. Straight. No break. I had to refill the chamber five times. God bless finding the gallon size bubble refill at Toys R Us for $5. I finally had to convince the poor child that there were no bubbles left to get him in the house to take a nap...two hours later than normal! Bad mom!

The other thing he's obsessed with is going for runs with me. Jack and I did this a lot last summer, but, for obvious reasons, we didn't when it was cold outside. It hit almost 60* yesterday, so we went for a five mile jog. Jack LOVED it. He kept asking for more. When I didn't comply, he started to say AND sign more. When I didn't comply, it was a complete MELTDOWN. Oh well, at least he likes it. I always let him run the last two blocks with me. It's so stinken adorable...you can see all the people in cars drive by and giggle.

I can't wait to go tonight when I get home from work. Maybe I'll count the amount of people who laugh at us as we run together.

No comments:

Post a Comment