I have never really shared the emotions of grieving with anyone. Good Adam, as he's affectionately called by me, endured the brunt of it with Lisa's death. Part of the reason for that is because he was there. He was there when I got that phone call. I didn't have a choice. I literally collapsed to the floor, in the middle of work, and sobbed. Bless his heart. He stood by me through all the emotions. He talked me down. He held my hand. He was there for me in ways that I never would have imagined. He truly, truly saved my life.
As for my parents, I have never truly grieved their loss. Ever. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I feel like I was such a child when I lost my father...when I lost my mother two years later, I didn't know how to handle the emotions. Sure, I did therapy. Sure, I talked to friends. But I never truly allowed myself the time to be emotional, to cry, to be angry, to yell, scream and be pissed off. I'm realizing now the consequences of all that.
Emotions overcome me at the stupidest times. I remember an email from my sister, Terese, when my mom was sick. She was telling me that she saw a billboard that said, "Got Jesus?" and she started crying in her car. I feel that way a lot lately.
I'm sad that I don't have my mom to call when I'm having a shitty day. I'm sad that I don't have my parents to rely on. I'm sad that I don't get to share big news with my parents. I'm pissed off that God took them from me at such a young age. (Though, I will be the first to say that I'm glad both my parents didn't suffer and went relatively quickly). My siblings were good to my brother and I after this happened, but I miss my parents. More than I could ever convey into words.
I need to grieve. I need to talk to someone about the emotions surrounding my parents' deaths....and I need to get passed this. I want to be at the point where I remember the good times....not seeing them hooked up to machines in hospitals.
I don't know how to end this, so I won't come up with something clever. Except to say, I'm trying.

((((hugs))) all you can do is to try. Wish I had some sort of wisdom to share with you.
ReplyDeleteI understand this one more than you know.
ReplyDeleteBig, BIG (((((HUGS)))))) my dear!!!!
I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. Sending you lots of love and ((((HUGS)))).
ReplyDeleteYou're a strong woman! You can overcome anything. And a big part of overcoming something is knowing that there is something to overcome in the first place.
ReplyDeleteI'm here for you girl!! Big hugs and lots of love from CO!!
See you in 4 weeks and 1 day! :)