Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On Being Girly....

So, this passed weekend, I took a road trip, along with J, to Columbus, OH. Honestly, I didn't drive a lick of the trip...just have to point that out so I don't get yelled at. ;o)


First, a weekend recap! I went with J to visit Sheri (my BFF), Shaney and Bob (my Ya and her hubby) and Lisa and Andy (another PAL friend). This was a TOTAL surprise to Shaney. She had NO idea we were coming. I had it all worked out with Bob so he knew we were coming! It was PERFECT! We met her at work and she cried when we got there! Seriously, BEST. SURPRISE. EVER. I give all the props in the world to J for making me keep this a secret and make it a surprise. BEST feeling ever!!!!

Me and Shaney:




Friday, after surprising Shaney at work, J and I went to the Mall to go shopping. We had some time to kill before she got off work. He got a sweet new pair of shoes (that I picked out!)...and then we headed to Old Navy. One of the highlights of my weekend: I saw a really cute denim skirt...tried on a size 6. Too big. Tried on a size 4. Too big. I fit into an effing SIZE TWO! and I got told how hot it looked on me! YAY for looking hot in short skirts...I haven't fit into a size two since high school! I also fit into a size small shirt...another thing I haven't fit in since high school! YAY for being skinny again!

Friday night, we went to Sheri's house for dinner with her and her hubby, Scott. It was great! Wr chatted and played Wii bowling! Here's me and Sheri:




Friday after dinner, we headed back to Shaney and Bob's house. Hung out for a while...chatting. Since Shaney didn't know we were coming into town, she thought she was having a weekend alone with her hubby! We totally rained on that parade! Saturday morning we went to First Watch for breakfast (my FAVE place in Cols!)...and went to Easton to go shopping. This is where I learned something.

There are two men in my life who know more about make up and being girly than I do.


Shaney told me that I NEEDED a pair of "Pink" pants from Victoria's Secret...so we went in. While in there, Shaney, B and J decided that I needed lip liner and lip gloss. So, they went to work on making me girly. I got one shade of lip liner and two colors of lip gloss. AND....body mist! I didn't know there was a difference between perfume and body mist! Good thing B and J know that! LOL!

And you know what? I kinda LIKE being girly. Yes, I said it! I LIKE being girly! I never in my life thought I'd hear myself say that. The skirt made me feel sexy. The lip gloss feels SO weird, but it makes me look hot! Wearing make up makes me feel SO BEAUTIFUL! My goodness, I haven't felt this good about myself in ages!

OK, back to the trip! Saturday afternoon, we went to Lisa and Andy's for Noah's party. It was good to see them again...and meet Kristan, too! Here's me, Shaney and Lisa:



Saturday night we went to dinner so that B and J could have steak! B always jokes that he has chicken 9 days a week...so we wanted to make sure he got his red meat fix while we were in town! LOL! I hope he liked it! We also went to play mini golf. It was Shaney and J versus me and B...and B and I won! WOO HOO! Don't hate....I rule at mini golf.

All in all....what a whirlwind trip! We had to get up really early the following morning to make the 13 hour drive home...but it was SO worth it. Seeing two people who mean the world to me was worth it. Letting them meet J was even MORE worth it.

The best part...I know now that I'm a princess. And I love it!


3 comments:

  1. Just awesome. I am so glad you had such a great time! I know you needed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We better go play mini-golf while I'm there too! I'm fairly good myself, so I'd like to see which one of us is better. :)

    Glad you had a fabulous time!

    See you in 2 weeks! Love you!

    ReplyDelete