Sunday, May 9, 2010

Waves of Positivity...

Letting go of the regret in my life has opened so many new doors for me. I once saw a quote from Helen Keller that states, “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” I'm realizing just how true this is. No, my relationship with Adam was not the best or the healthiest relationship, and it was certainly unhappy more than happy, but I learned a lot from it. And I am certainly happy with the aftermath...and the doors in my life that are open.

I'm learning how to be a single mother. Yes, I have help. Yes, I have great friends and family who also help with my son, but the majority of the time, I'm a single mother. I find myself losing my patience with Jack a lot lately, but am so grateful to my mom friends who reassure me that...you know what, he's three. It's the age. It's the separation from his dad and him learning to transition to the new "normal". Am I going to continue to get frustrated? Sure, I'd be lying if I said I'll never lose my patience with him again. Do I have a better understanding of just how things are? That's he's certainly learning just like I am? Of course I do.

I'm also learning what an amazing woman I am. I have always been blessed and surrounded by amazing women in my life, but never really realized that I was one of them. My BFF, Good Adam, once said, "Just remember, he's lucky to have you, too, Mar." And you know what? He's right. I am a good woman. I'm a good mother to my son. I'm a good friend to my friends. I'm a good supporter to those who need me. I'm a good listener. I am a good spouse. I'm affectionate, loving, caring, kind, trustworthy and honest.

And you know what? I'm enough. Just me, as I am, I'm enough. I AM good enough. I AM pretty enough. I'm skinny enough. I'm worth it!

I'm realizing the true power of positivity! That's where I'm leading my life now! To nothing but wonderful and positive things!

Happy Mother's Day to all my mommy friends! Love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day sweetie, you are a wonderful Mother! I'm so glad you are realizing all of these things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new attitude is nothing short of amazing! You can do anything with a positive attitude like that. :)

    ReplyDelete