And you know what?
I have been blessed. I'm blessed with a very special person in my life. He's been nothing shy of amazing to me since day one. He's been emotionally and financially supportive. He's helped me get through emotional breakdowns. He's allowed me to cry on his shoulder. He listens to me when I'm struggling emotionally and he laughs with me when things are good. He doesn't get upset when I push him away...he just tries to understand and pulls me back in.
He talks me down when I'm really angry. He talks me down when I'm frustrated and overwhelmed. He does the little things: he holds open doors, he opens car doors, he walks on the side of the street closest to the cars when we cross, he's a POSITIVE male role model to my son and he's even gotten me good Kleenex for work when I was sick. He just always puts me first...and it's a really hard thing to wrap my head around. Someone wanting to be there for me before themselves. *I'm* supposed to be the one putting everyone else first.
He's amazing. He's kind. Caring. Sweet. Real. Honest. Trustworthy. Sincere. Affectionate. Dependable. Reliable. He does things for me that I never imagined anyone would do for me. He thinks of every and anything to make me smile. He is amazing with my son. AH-mazing. Jack absolutely adores him.
And you know what? He makes me feel good. He makes me feel beautiful. He makes me feel worth it and like I'm a great mom. There are a lot of times where I don't feel like I am "enough" of anything...but not when I'm with him.
My Ya's always used to tell me that I would find someone who would treat me like a princess (even if I'm NOT a princess....get real, you all know I'm not!)....and I never believed them. I never imagined it possible. I was convinced that I didn't want it.
And now....I feel like a Princess. And you know what? I LOVE it.

:) :) :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!!!!!!
:)
ReplyDeleteAll good things come to those who wait, and you've waited way too long! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see all three of you soon. Only 4 weeks and 5 days to go! :)
You definitely deserve it, princess!
ReplyDelete