Monday, April 26, 2010

I blogged this week...did you?

Thanks for the title, Danielle!

You know, I was looking back at some old blog posts today...and trying to remember when I started this blog. It was over a year ago. I started it as a way to capture all the funny moments in life with Jack....and, to be quite frank, this blog turned into so much more than that.

It turned into sharing my thoughts, feelings and emotions about life. It turned into sharing with you, my dear blog readers, about the highs and lows of knowing my marriage was failing. And it certainly turned into me sharing the emotions that come with actually going through the divorce.

However, one thing remained constant. My friends.

It took me leaving Adam to realize how important my friends are to me. Yes, you should always love those closest to you, but I gave up a LOT of important people in my life to be with him. I'm now rebuilding those friendships back to what they were before.

It doesn't matter how or when we met, or reconnected in some cases, but I am so thankful for my wonderful support core.

Thank you all for always being my shoulder to cry on. I never would have gotten through this without the love and support of each and every one of you.

My life has been forever changed. In nothing but amazingly positive ways. I am truly, truly blessed and cannot wait to start the next chapter.

I need to share this quote, which I originally shared on a post dedicated to my bestie, Adam. It's a good one:

"If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you.”
~Winnie the Pooh

3 comments:

  1. Lots of LOVE to you my friend! You have been so strong through all of this, and the next chapter is going to be AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quote - I just love Pooh!!!

    You are a very strong, wonderful woman - you deserve the very best in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't blogged this week.

    And I'll always be here for you, no matter what.

    BTW, 5 weeks and 2 days! Can't wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete