Monday, February 16, 2009

New to This

I've never had a blog before, but so many of my friends already do that I decided to join the bandwagon. What's the reason? Honestly, mostly to capture what I call "Jack-isms", all the hilarious things that my darling son says to me...without even knowing he's being funny. It's my way to remind myself how precious innocence is. Another reason is to allow myself to "get out" some of the feelings that I tend to keep bottled up. I guess it's like having a therapist that doesn't charge a $25 copay.

My son, Jack Robert, will be two on 2-22. Is that a sign for an amazing year to come? I think so. I truly believe that my parents send signs down all the time...and Jack's birthdate was one of them. I never thought it was possible to love someone SO much that you'd die for them. I would die for my son. He truly is an amazing kid. He was singing his ABC's at 18 months...and now, he blows me away every single day with the things he says and does. He can put together simple puzzles, correctly correlate an animal name to the sound it makes and sing about 25 songs! I swear, Harvard better get ready! My baby's coming! :)

The newest Jack-ism happened last Friday, when picking him up from Shannon's house. (Shannon is Jack's AMAZING day care provider...Jack and I both love her!) He was sitting on the couch, playing a game where you press the button in the middle and the plastic ducks begin to "swim" around the pond. The object is to match two ducks with the same colors on the bottom of them. He was laughing hysterically at the ducks swimming around in circles. When I got there, I pointed to the duck and said, "Jackaroo, what's that?" and he said, dead seriously, "Animal, mommy". I laughed. He definitely got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment