Friday, February 27, 2009

Jack and Sesame Street

Last night, Jack and I were reading "Elmo's A to Z Animals". He is joyfully reciting animal names and sounds to me with each turn of the page.

We get to the "Porcupine" and Jack just wasn't quite sure what it was. On the adjacent page was Big Bird, holding a quail. He looked at me and said, "Baby Bird". I giggled and said, "No, silly, that's big bird". He corrected me again and said "Baby Bird". I just let it go, assuming that he was referencing the quail, which was much smaller in comparison to Big Bird.

This morning, Sesame Street was on TV. Jack ran to get his book, turned to the page and said, "Look it, Mommy. Baby Bird." He then points to the TV and says, "Big Bird". Yep, Jack, you got me again. Big Bird on TV DOES look MUCH bigger than Baby Bird in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment