Yesterday, we were at the doctor for Jack's two year check up. (As I write this, I'm crying about the fact that Jack turns two in three short days!)
He knows the building now, so when we pull up, he immediately starts whining. I try to tell him that he doesn't have to have any shots this time and Brittney (his doc's nurse) won't give him any owies. This seems to satisfy him.
He gets weighed: 25 pounds. FINALLY! We're on the weight charts! He gets measured: 33 inches. Poor kid, he gets his height from his momma! And his head size measured: 19.25 inches. I am a firm believer that his head size proves he'll be going to Harvard in no time!
Out walks Brittney. In walks Dr. Burchby. He was NOT happy to see her. She's asking me all kinds of the normal questions: What are your concerns? Does he eat one good meal every 4 days? Blah. Blah. Blah.
At the end of our trip, she says to Jack; "Don't worry, buddy, you're all done". And my almost two year old replies: "Thank you. I love you."
I not only have a lover, but I have a damn polite one at that! :)
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment