Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Women In My Life...

If there's one thing I've missed out on for the last 6 years, it's girlfriends. It's girls' night out. Calling them to chit chat. Text messaging about everything and nothing all in one. It's being able to complain about the stupidest things and not have them judge me.

I'm so thankful to have some people in my life from my younger days. Two of my best friends from high school are still near and dear to my heart. While we don't talk all the time, we have remained friends through all of it. It could be weeks or months that go by without talking, but I KNOW, without a doubt, that I could call them and they would be there for me without any hesitation.

Des and Sarah -- You have been my life line through so much. I am so blessed and so thankful to have the two of you in my life. I know that you would do anything for me. You would drop anything to help me if I needed you. We have all been friends since 9th grade...I can't say that for very many of my friends. Even though we were SO different in high school (Let's be real, we were about the most UNLIKELY friends there were!), we have always loved and supported one another. We didn't go through countless notebooks of notes back and forth for nothing back then. The two of you are so amazing, so wonderful...and I am so, so blessed to have you in my life.

Sheri -- You are my soul sister! Who else loves 80's music and riding with the top down during Hurricanes? Thank you for being there, day or night, for the last 5 years. Your friendship means more than anything to me. I am proud to call you my best friend, and so thankful that, despite the miles between us, we are still there for one another. I love you as though you were my sister, truly, and can't wait to see you this summer.

Liz -- Who would have thought that 15 years after Holy Trinity we would have become such good friends? I am so thankful for all your love and support the last few months. Truthfully, I don't know what I would have done without our emails, facebook chats and texts. Thank you for being there for me. I can't tell you how much it means.

Jules -- Who else keeps me sane? Seriously. You are my voice of reason during rage, tears, deceit, hurt and anger. There isn't anyone else I want on my side more than you. Your friendship, despite the miles and circumstances, means the world to me. I hope, sooner than later, you make it here or I make it there. The love that you show to Sara every day makes me SO proud to call you my friend...and even MORE to call you my inspiration as a mother. You are truly amazing. I love you.

Danielle: I know that I can always count on you. You are only a text away to tell me that I'm beautiful, I'm better and I'm SO worth it. And you know what? YOU'RE RIGHT. Yes, you heard it. I said it. Thank you for always being there for me...not just recently but always. I am so blessed to have you as a friend.

Kelly: You know, 8 years ago, I never would have thought that we'd lose touch, but we did. And I am so glad that we've been reconnected. I miss our late night chats. I miss Duluth. I miss staying up till all hours of the night while you tried to convince me to let you put make up on me. I miss Vigors and bowling. (BAHAHAH! I had to!:) I love you, and I am so glad to have you back in my life.

Tracy: You are amazing. You are truly an inspiration to me. Your love and friendship is radiant! Thank you for always being a text away. I hope it works for you to come to Columbus this summer (or me to come up there!). I love you, sweetie.

My Ya's: (Ash, Shaney, Kristi, Kelly, Jaime, Reidie-Poo, Patti-cakes and Jilly Bean) -- You have been the absolute sole reason that I am as strong as I have been through all this. You have been supportive, amazing and SO, SO wonderful to me for the last three and a half years. I don't know where I'd be as a mother and a person without you guys. There is nothing more that I look forward to every day than Ya emails. Though I haven't met most of you, you truly are like family. I love all of you. So SO much.

There you go. The lovely ladies in my life. I am so glad to have you all back...permanently.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for those kind words. I wouldn't call me an inspiration as a mother, I made my child cry 3 times yesterday, and I only do what she needs me to do. But I am glad I can help you, and I love emailing with you all the time. You have a lot to offer the world, so keep up the good work.

    I love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Mary! You are an awesome mom, and an awesome friend. Knowing you has enriched my life more than I could have imagined. Thank you for being such a great friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh thanks girly. You are the best. Love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muah, Baby Girl! You know I'm your number one fan! OK, maybe your number two fan. ;-)

    ReplyDelete