Thursday, December 23, 2010

2010....A Year In Review

This might be long and emotional, but maybe it will be good therapy for me....

In January, I moved into my own place. A place I could finally call MINE. It was just me and Jack...in a new environment. At first, it was hard. It was REALLY hard to try to understand all that was happening around me. I knew the decision that I made to leave Adam was the best decision for me and Jack...and I don't regret it, not for one second. I had some pretty amazing friends who helped me through all this. I don't know how I would have gotten through without the emotional and financial support of the bigger half of J Squared and Good Adam. I owe them both a lot.

In February, we had a HUGE Symposium for work in Dallas. For the first time in five years, I got to travel with work. We had a great time and the Symposium was a HUGE success. It was probably my "feel good moment" of the year as far as my job was concerned. Jack also celebrated his 3rd birthday. Unfortunately, I was unable to give him a birthday party as money was just too tight. He enjoyed his day nonetheless. We were able to go to Auntie Stephie's and have cupcakes...life, for him, was good.

In March and April, we spent a lot of time just hanging out. We watched movies, played games, sang songs and enjoyed the time we had together. Since Adam and I have a 50/50 custody arrangement, I truly enjoyed every moment I had with him.

In May, I began more seriously dating the bigger half of J Squared. He has truly been a knight in shining armor for me, and such an incredible positive male role model for the smaller half of J Squared. I was able to celebrate Mother's Day with my two boys...and got my first Mother's Day present! It was a new fancy cell phone!

Also in May, the bigger half of J Squared and I conspired with B, Shaney's husband, to plan a surprise visit to Ohio. Upon arrival, we called her from the parking lot of her work...and asked if she wanted to have coffee...but we were waiting outside with it! Seriously, it was the best surprise ever! We spent time with Shaney and B...had dinner with Sheri and Scott...and got to see Lisa, Kristan and the kids while we were there, too! I got my baby fix with Colby! :)

In June, Julie and Sara flew in from Colorado and we met for the first time! Our time together was jam packed with fun-filled activities...and we had a blast! Jack was enamored with Sara's wheelchair and has even told other people that their wheelchair "wasn't as cool as his friend, Sara's". It cracks me up!

Throughout the summer, we spent a lot of time at the softball fields watching the bigger half play ball. The smaller half really liked being there and loved going for rides on J's softball bag!

In September, I turned 29. The last year of my 20's...and, to be honest, I'm ready for 30! My 30's HAVE to be better than my 20's. Nothing but amazing, wonderful, positive things coming in my 30's...I can FEEL it! :)

In October, it was time for Halloween! Per the usual, we went to Auntie Laurie's. Jack was a monkey this year. We did some crafts, watched some football, and went trick-or-treating. We also headed to Josh's cousins to go trick-or-treating with them. Their kids were a grasshopper and a stink bug. Jack had a BLAST!

In November, we celebrated Thanksgiving with Josh's family. Jack was with his dad this year...and we had fun playing cards, eating a fantastic meal and looking through the black Friday ads.

And here we are, in December. My last day with NMDP is a week away. I start my new job with Park Nicollet on January 3rd...and I am SO looking forward to an amazing year, with amazing results...surrounded by amazing, supportive and incredible people.

2011 is MY year to shine.

2 comments:

  1. This was a year of change for you and you have come out of it stronger than ever! I know that 2011 is going to bring awesome things to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!! You need to blog again.

    I'm starting a blog challenge next week, and you should totally do it with me. It'll be great therapy for both of us! :)

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete