Today is the first day of the rest of my life. My NEW life. My amazing, fantastic life. My life in which I get to worry about Jack breaking his arm wrestling. My life in which I get to decide if he does hockey AND gymnastics! My life in which I wake up, every single day, thankful for the love I have found in a man who truly appreciates me JUST as I am.
I have a son who is smarter than his britches. I have a man in my life who loves me, unconditionally, like no one else I have ever known. I have a new "family" in his family. I have amazing siblings....and, truly, truly incredible friends....some of whom I owe lots of drinks for all the crap they put up with from me.
You know, it's an amazing weight off my shoulders. Just knowing that I am free, happy and absolutely loving this life that I have. The life **I** have created for me and Jack.
After I shared the news that the terms were finally agreed upon, I received this message from Julie (from Seattle, for those of you who "follow" the Julie's), and it completely uplifted my day to heights I didn't think I could reach. This is what she wrote on her "second chance day":
"Today, I woke up happy, genuinely happy. My heart is content and my soul is free. I always knew that I would get to this place, that someday I would come out on the other side...the light at the end of the tunnel. Even on my darkest days when I could physically feel the pain of my emotions, I knew that I would get through it and that my life was going to become really happy!"
You know what? She's right. As always, she's right. Julie has been one of my biggest supporters and cheerleaders...and she has never once let me down! I have had the days where I didn't think I could get through, where I wanted to give up and give in...but you know what? I made it through. I will be a stronger, happier woman because of it.
This is MY life. I will take it, I will run with it...and I will do nothing except achieve my dreams....

Congratulations!!!
ReplyDelete