Wednesday, July 7, 2010

One half of J Squared

One of the most important things I've learned through my divorce is that surrounding yourself with supportive, positive people is a crucial part in healing. For the first time, the other day, I found myself crying about the divorce. I'm not really even sure why I was crying...but I think a lot of it had to do with me being sad for Jack. Then, I remember having a "WTF are you DOING?!" reaction.

You know why? Because I have an amazing man in my life. Truly.

Someone who loves me exactly as I am. Someone who wanted to be with me when I was 25 pounds heavier than I am now. Someone who reminds me, everyday, that I'm beautiful. Someone who would do absolutely anything for me...and for Jack. Someone who is a father-figure to my son.

It has been a really long time since my life has been this good...this happy! I was so jaded by the way I thought love was supposed to be that when it was actually real...I was taken aback. I didn't know how to accept flowers, I cried when I got cards. It all probably sounds so stupid, but it's the truth.

The other half of J Squared has been nothing short of incredible to me since day one. Seeing me happy makes him happy. Seeing me smile makes him smile. There has never been a man in my life who wanted to make me happy. Who did things for ME! It's such a strange, but amazing, transition.

If you would have asked my dad 15 years ago, he would have told you that I'd marry a man like Josh. He told me that. Maybe it's some weird premonition. Either way, I am so eternally grateful to have him in my life, holding my hand and supporting me, through all of this. He has truly been my rock and my knight in shining armor.

Positivity is an amazing thing. It can take your life to places you never knew existed. I know it's taken mine to places I never dreamed of...I was certain that love like this only existed in fairy tales. And, if it does, then I guess I really AM the princess...and I'm 100% ok with that.

2 comments: