Friday, June 25, 2010

The Julie's....

You know, I think I confuse J every single day when I mention "Julie". You see, there are three amazing Julie's in my life...Julie's that have stood by my side, lifted me up, and always, ALWAYS offered words of encouragement when I need them the most.

They're endearingly referred to by location "Julie from here", "Julie from Colorado" and "Julie from Seattle". It's just easier for him to follow that way! :o)

As of late, I feel like I'm talking to him about the Julie's a lot lately. Lots of great things have happened...and I want to share.

First, "Julie from here" and I got together....twice! It's been so nice and so wonderful to finally get to meet some PAL friends face to face. You see, I've known all these women for almost 4 years now...she even got to meet Jackers this time. Thankfully, he was on his best behavior. She even got a kiss good bye...and now, all I hear is "Mom, when can we play with Julie again? She's funny!"

Julie has always been the first to pick me up when I'm down. To offer love, support, advice or a shoulder to cry on. Knowing that she's just a few miles up the road...makes things easier. Having that person here IRL to give me a hug once in a while....rocks!

"Julie from Colorado" recently came to visit. You can read all about their trip to Minnesota here. There's pictures, too! :) She's my rock, I'll tell you that. She's ALWAYS my voice of reason and my devil's advocate. Truly, I don't know what I would do if I didn't know that she was a phone call or text away.

And, last, but not least, "Julie from Seattle". You see, Julie and I have endured much of the same pain as of late. She also went through a divorce...and she has been my rock in ensuring that I wasn't completely crazy in feeling how I was....MANY times.

Just recently, Julie suggested I read a book called Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth. At first, I'll admit, I was skeptical. God and I don't have the best relationship. And, well, I love my food! However, when Julie said that she was highlighting...and writing in the margins....I knew it was worth a read! So, I picked it up. In the first two pages...I was highlighting. J thought I was nuts when I asked him for a highlighter and started doing it.

But you know what? I'm only about 75 pages in...and I'm learning SO much! I'm having more "Yep! That's me!" moments than I care to admit. I have a feeling that this book will be getting a LOT of use.

So, there you have it. Installment number 565 million of the "people who rock my world".

Thanks, girls....for all your love and support! I love you all so much

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm the only one who says the mean things...just kidding! But truly, I feel the same about you. We all need someone to point out the obvious when we're ignoring it, even though we know its there, or help us to see what we refuse to see on our own.

    Rock or not, I wouldn't have our completely honest (almost to a fault) relationship any other way!! :)

    ReplyDelete