Today, I feel the need to share.
I have always been blessed with amazing people in my life. I may not have always REALIZED that I have, but I truly have. My parents were amazing. My siblings are amazing (for the most part...we are, after all, siblings!). I have been blessed with wonderful brothers and sisters-in-law. And I have been blessed with the most amazing 3 year old son.
Now, I'm realizing, even more, who those amazing people in my life are. Two people from my past have been absolute life-lines through all of this. It's amazing how people truly do come into your life at the time when you absolutely need them the most.
The first person, I met 10 years ago. Yes, ten. Sadly, we lost touch after we both entered into relationships...and post-9/11. To me, he's someone who would gladly give of himself for anyone. He's done it for so long for his children...and he's blessed me with his friendship. I am truly, truly grateful to have him as my best friend. There are people who really do touch your life and he's touched my life. I hope, someday, I'm as good of a mother as he is a father...and that *I* can leave the kind of impression on people that he's left on me.
The second person, I met when I was like 13 years old. My parents and his grandparents were best friends and we used to ALL rent out a resort for a week. There were like 12 couples and their children. Needless to say, it was crazy.
I used to think that fate brought people into your life. Now, I truly, truly believe that. You see, it's been 15 years since he and I have talked. We were SUCH good friends through the summers...and we always lost touch during the school year. We went to different high schools...and at that time, it seemed like an ETERNITY to drive from SSP to Champlin.
He has been a true friend to me through all this. He's helped me in ways that I can't even fathom to explain to someone else. He's been there to talk me down when I'm so ticked that I want to bash heads in...and he's helped me to really realize that *I* am the better person. He's made me see that I am absolutely a good person, and I DO deserve the best things that life has to offer. He's a true gentleman...always opens doors, makes sure you don't fall flat on your ass on the ice (and if you do, he's there to help you up while he's laughing at you!) and he would absolutely drop any and everything to be there for me.
My friends IRL don't really understand what it's like to have my Ya's in my life, but they are truly women that I don't know what I'd do without. I know that I sound like a broken record, but I am so blessed to have them in my life. They are forever ingrained...and I hope it stays that way.
I am blessed. I am lucky. I am SO thankful...and I am truly, truly deserving of people like this in my life. I might not always really believe it...but I DO know.

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeee you're so sweet girl! I love you and Jack!
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mary! I am so blessed to have you in my life, too. :)
ReplyDelete