My family is a complicated thing! Most people don't really understand.
I'm the youngest of 8 children, 4 boys and 4 girls. My parents were Catholic and very active in the community. My mother was truly a saint, and I am blessed to have taken on so many of her amazing characteristics. I was daddy's little girl, to every extent of the saying. I lost both my parents in 1999 and 2001 and not a day goes by that I don't miss them.
My siblings range in age from 51 to me, age 29. My nieces and nephews range in age from 30 to age 5. (Yes, my nephew is older than me!) Jack, my son, is 4. I have two great nieces, ages 3 and 6 months...and one on the way! :) I have been blessed with lots of amazing things in my life, and my nieces and nephews are one of them.
I have been accepted in to my boyfriends' family as one of their own. His Grandmother and my parents were very close friends...so I've known them for most of my life. His father has been nothing short of amazing to me and Jack from day one. Jack loves him to pieces. He even slipped and called him Grandpa one day! I think he liked it. His mom has been amazing to us, too. She spoils him rotten like he's her grandchild. Jack loves playing Wii at her house. Apparently, it's more fun there than at home! :)
And then there's "uncle" Joey...whom Jack loves. I think that he likes Joey the best because he works at the bowling alley and always seems to have game cards to play in the arcade. That, and he'll always play dinosaurs!
And Josh doesn't really need any explanation, but I've been blessed to have a man like him walk into my life again. Hands down, without question, my knight in shining armor (or hammer pants!)
I could write a really long post about family...but I will end in saying that my SIL, Beth, is my best friend. I am so blessed to have her in my life...and to always know that she will support me in any decision that I make. Her friendship has been, at times, what has gotten me through some of the hardest times of my life.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment