Friday, September 17, 2010

Tomorrow...My FAVORITE Day of the Year!!!

Tomorrow is bow hunting opener in the state of Minnesota...and this year, I am absolutely PSYCHED to go! Don't get me wrong, I have always been excited for opener, but there's SO much that's different this year.

First, the bigger half of J squared is going bow hunting for the first time EVER! I am so excited to have opened up someone else's horizons, a man, nonetheless, to a "man's sport". I love bow hunting. It's truly a passion of mine...and I can't wait for him to share in the excitement!

Second, new land this year. J's family has acreage up north and I get to hunt from a new stand, with new people, at a "true deer camp".

Third, I also get to go grouse hunting. I've never hunted for anything with a gun. This year, for my birthday, I got my very first .20 gauge! In my first shot, I took out a plastic bottle...and on only my third shot, I hit a clay pigeon! I was SO excited!!!

So...to the start of my new life. The first of many bow openers to come...and to me (and J!) both shooting a deer this weekend! :) Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a super awesome time! Where is their land? Jim's family has land north of Mora. We go up there camping in the fall, while the guys get the camp ready for deer (gun) opener in November. Stay safe, and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hunting season here too, and I have a couple friends that hunt. And they are VERY excited to get going! In CO you are assigned dates to hunt with your tag, so you have to wait for that time period (as I understand it). I don't hunt, but you never know what may be on my horizon.

    I hope you get your deer! And if you do, I want to see it. :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete